Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb
Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road started first of its kind advance haematology department in north Mumbai suburb Mira Road on the occasion of blood donors day. Dr. Dipanjan Haldar who heads the department has had an affluent career in haematology and clinical research and has published many articles in both national and international publications.
After completion of his DM in clinical haematology, he has received bone marrow transplant (BMT) experience in the best institutes of USA and Canada. He is supported by well-trained haemato-oncology nurses, medical officers and other paramedical staff in Wockhardt Hospital.
“BMT is a lifesaving treatment for many of the haematological disorders and solid tumors in our dedicated Haematology ward in Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road”, said Dr. Dipanjan Haldar, consultant haematology, haemato oncology & BMT.
Haematology deals with the diseases of the blood, bone marrow and the lymph nodes. It includes cancers like leukaemia, a type of blood cancer; lymphoma, cancer affecting the lymph glands and myeloma, cancer of the immune cells. Non cancer diseases of the blood include bone marrow failure (Aplastic anaemia), anaemia due to inherited disorders like thalassaemia, sickle cell anaemia and bleeding disorders like haemophilia and immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
On this occasion Ravi Hirwani, centre head, Wockhardt Hospital, Mira road, said, “This is first advance haematology department which is going to benefit patients from Andheri in Mumbai, Maharashtra to Surat in Gujarat. Considering current scenario of Mumbai traffic, travelling to Mumbai with patient leads to waste of time and money. Wockhardt hospital is equipped with special facilities related to bone marrow transplant (BMT). We have separate ward dedicated to patients with neutropenia. neutropenic patients are prone to develop opportunistic infections like candidiasis, fungal pneumonia, pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, cytomegaloviral infection, etc. Hence these patients are kept in a separate ward with minimal traffic of relatives.”
Wockhardt Hospital Mira Road is a 14 storied and 350 bed multi-speciality tertiary care hospital. It offers hi-end clinical care in cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopaedics and joint replacement surgery. Other key specialties include minimal access surgery, internal medicine, nephrology, urology, critical care, cosmetology, obstetrics and gynaecology, medical and surgical oncology along with emergency and trauma services.
Headline & Link :http://www.pharmabiz.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?aid=109465&sid=2
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019