Prof. Dr. Tom Cherian is a Liver Transplant Surgeon and has performed over 650+ Liver Transplants with over 17+ years of clinical & surgical experience.
The benefit of theWockhardt Hospital & South Asian Liver Institute partnership is the vast experience that the combined team brings into the sphere of liver disease. The focus is now on integrating the finest of both institutions in order to provide a world-class experience to all of our patients. Our Liver Transplant Team led by Prof. Dr. Tom Cherian is made up of surgeons, liver transplant physicians, coordinators, nurses, social workers,
and a large network of people and resources that work together to make the liver transplant procedure as painless as possible.
- Training from CCST (UK)
- 6 years, RCS accredited Specilist training Prog, West Midlands (UK)
- Birmingham Higher surgical training programme, Royal College of Surgeons
- American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons (AASAN) scholarships to visit various departments of Neurosurgery in America that specialize in skull base and cerebrovascular surgery. (Oct –Dec 2014)
- SNO (Society of Neuro-oncology) travelling fellowship Nov 2014 to attend the annual meeting in Miami
Prof. Dr. Tom Cherian has several accolades to his name and some of them are:
- Performed the FIRST NON ANATOMICALLAPAROSCOPIC (KEYHOLE) LIVER RESECTION IN THE COMBINED ANDHRA STATES
- PERFORMED FIRST EVER LIVER TRANSPLANT at government run osmania hospital
- PERFORMED FIRST LIVER TRANSPLANT FOR PATIENTS WITH PARTIAL PORTAL VEIN BLOCK in combined Andhra
- Performed smallest ever liver transplant in central India
- In 2017, Times of India awarded him ‘Legend in Liver Transplant Surgery’
- Member of British Medical Association[BMA]
- Member of Association of Surgeons in Training [ASiT- ASGBI]
- Member of British Transplantation Society[BTS]
- Member of Carrel Club [UK transplant trainees club]
- Member of Medical Defence Unit of Scotland [MDUS]
- Member of The International Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association [IHPBA]
- Member of The International Liver Transplantation Society [ILTS]
- Founder & Managing trustee, THE LIVER FOUNDATION. A charitable trust.
- Founder & Chief Editor, LIVERIMAGE. A web-based tool for liver surgeons, whose editors include some of the world’s top liver surgeons. Only website for Top International reputed Liver surgeons to share knowledge.