- MBBS and Internship , Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha, Maharashtra 2003-2009
- MD – Medicine , Shri M P Shah Government medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat 2010-2013
- DNB Gastroenterology , Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, Tamilnadu 2014-2017
- Post graduate programme in Neuro-gastroenterology, Ajou University, Suwon,
South Korea 2017
- Managing outpatient and inpatients in gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Endoscopy and other procedures
- Diagnostic upper and lower GI endoscopy
- Emergency and elective bleed management
- Esophageal stricture management – dilatations and stenting
- Foreign body removal, polypectomy, EMR
- Nasogastric and nasojejunal tube placement
- Diagnostic and therapeutic enteroscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- PEG insertion
- NBI scopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- High resolution manometery, pH studies and breath tests.
- Biofeed back therapies
- Enodosonography (EUS)
- Peripancreatic collections drainage
- Biliary and pancreatic drainage
- EUS coil and feducial placement
- Won 1st prize in state level internal medicine quiz at Associations of Physicians of Gujarat annual conference 2012
- Won 2nd prize in south zone level of “Torrent Young Scholar Award in Gastroenterology(TYSA)” in 2015 and was amongst the 12 national finalists.
- Selected for neurogastroenterology post graduate programme by Korean society of gastroenterology at Ajou University, Suwon, South Korea, 2017.
- Selected for Young Investigator award in Asia-Pacific Digestive Week, 2018, Seoul South Korea – New score to predict moderate and severe acute pancreatitis in ER.
Presented Papers :
- ISGCON 2016, New Delhi – Study of EUS Elastography for differentiating benign and malignant lymph nodes
- Plennary session – ISGCON 2018, Kochin – Outcome of management protocol to reduce von Willebrand factor (vWF) in acute hepatic dysfunction: Hepatotoxicity due to yellow phosphorus (rat killer) poisoning as a prototype
- ISGCON 2018, Kochin – von Willebrand factor (vWF)-pheresis: A possible explanation how plasma exchange is beneficial in liver failure.ISGCON 2018, Kochin – Surviving fulminant hepatitis B without liver transplant
- ISGCON 2018, Kochin – Surviving fulminant hepatitis B without liver transplant
- ISGCON 2018, Kochin – Plasma exchange therapy in liver failure: Femoral port insertion may be preferable.
- ISGCON 2018, Kochin – Low volume plasma exchange (PLEX) improves survival in severe alcoholic hepatitis patients – A case control study
- Endocon 2019, Delhi – Diagnostic role of double-balloon enteroscopy for small bowel disease.
- Nayak SK, Preethi M, Zanwar S, Palaniswamy KR. Cannabis induced recurrent acute pancreatitis. Tropical Doctor. 2016;46(4):238-239. doi:10.1177/0049475515613238
- Zanwar S, Mohan AT, Paramsivan P, Parmeswaran SA, Srinivas U, Mutthuswamy H, Dhus U, Venkatesh S, Mahalingam P, Ramasamy PK, Nayak S, Parikh P. A novel “BISSHOAP” score for predicting severe and moderately severe acute pancreatitis in emergency room. Gastroenterol Hepatol Endosc Pract 2021;1:111-5
- Sardar D, Mathews N, Mammen J, Nair SC, Jacob S, Patel L, Thomas A, Zanwar S, Sharma A, Sen M, Vijayalekshmi B, Balasubramanian KA, Subramani K, Thomas L, Abhilash KPP, Zachariah U, Elias E, Goel A, Eapen CE. Rodenticidal hepatotoxicity: Raised plasma Von Willebrand factor levels predict in-hospital survival and preliminary report of the outcome of Von Willebrand factor reducing management protocol. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2019 Dec;38(6):527-533. doi: 10.1007/s12664-019-00989-w. Epub 2020 Feb 19. PMID: 32077040.
- Zanwar S, Chawhare S, Thorat A. Salvaging migrated lumen apposing metal stent during necrosectomy for walled off pancreatic necrosis in disconnected pancreatic duct syndrome. Gastroenterol Hepatol Endosc Pract [cited 2021 Dec 17];1:148-50.
- Zanwar S, Gupta V, Patle N, Ganjare A, Rajput A, Chaware S. Endoscopic management of failed surgical repair of Boerhaave’s syndrome. Gastroenterol Hepatol Endosc Pract 2021;1:167-9