Dr. Neepa Vellimuttam is an ENT Surgeon specialised in Endoscopic Sinus and Skullbase surgery. She has had the privilege of working in large number of complex Endoscopic skullbase surgeries in some of the prime institutes in Mumbai. She routinely does all basic ENT surgeries, and has special interest in Endoscopic surgery, laryngology, voice surgery, thyroidectomy and parotidectomy. She has also undergone training in Balloon Sinuplasty – a novel technique of treatment of chronic sinusitis at Chulalongkom Centre, Bangkok.
- Has presented papers at various conferences.
- Won the first prize for paper titled ‘Endoscopic Surgery in Carcinoma of Larynx’ in the Research Meeting held at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in November 2008.
- Won the third prize for paper titled ‘Feminizing Voice Surgery’ in the 5th Annual Conference of Phonosurgeons of India in March 2009.
- Won the first prize for paper titled ‘Botox in laryngology’ in the Research Meeting held at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in August 2009.
- Won the first prize for paper titled ‘Laryngeal Framework Surgery’ at The Central Asia Regional Conference 2010
Fellowship in Endoscopic Sinus and Skullbase Surgery : : Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai
- ‘Primary tuberculosis of the Ethmoid and Sphenoid Sinuses – A Rare Entity’ published in Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol. 52, 2010.
- ‘A case of spontaneous subcutaneous emphysema with pneumomediastinum’ published in Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol.54, 2012.
- ‘Intraoperative Recurrent Laryngeal Nerve Monitoring in Head & Neck Surgeries – an Indian perspective’ published in Surgical Research Updates , Vol.2, 2014.
- ‘Hypoglossal nerve palsy following the use of laryngeal mask airway’ published in Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Vol.4, Issue 4, August 2014.
- ‘Supraglottoplasty in a two month old child with Laryngomalacia’ published in Nigerian Journal of Medical Sciences, Vol. 24, 2014