ENT is a surgical speciality which deals with conditions of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) region. Doctors who specialize in this area are called, otolaryngologists, ENT doctors, ENT surgeons, or head and neck surgeons.
The spectrum of the diseases involved in ENT which are treated by ear doctor is as follows:
A) Diseases of the ear: You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing loss, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
b) Diseases of the nose: ENT doctors often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. Nasal & Sinus Allergies Nasal Polyps, Nose Bleeds. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
c) Diseases of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
d) Disease of head and neck: Ent specialist treat, tumours, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. (SKULL BASE SURGERY)
E) Surgery: Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas.
f) Neurology disorders: They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.
Following are the symptoms that are person may suffer from and maybe guided to visit an ENT specialist:
- Foreign body in Ear, Nose, Throat
- Earache and Ear discharge
- Pain in your ears, nose, or throat
- Hearing Loss
- Loss of Smell
- Severe Headache
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Voice Disorders and hoarseness of voice
- Snoring & Sleep Disorders
- Sore throat
- Drooping of the eyelids
- Deviated septum
There are many surgical procedures done by ENT specialists :
- Ear: Ear Microsurgery, Laser Stapedotomy, Cochlear Implant Surgery, Mastoidectomy
- Nose: Sinus and Nasal Endoscopic procedures, Balloon Sinuplasty, Septoplasty and Septorhinoplasty
- Skull Base Surgery: tumours and nerve related
- Throat: Tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, Laryngoplasty
- Head and neck tumours, Thyroid, Parotid surgeries
The ENT at Wockhardt has sophisticated and ultramodern diagnostic and therapeutic equipment’s such as laryngoscopy and endoscopic procedures. The department performs basic and advanced surgeries in Ear, Nose and Throat including advanced endoscopic skull base surgery.
Our ENT doctors have clinical expertise in the ENT surgery and treating outpatient patients and paediatric Ent issues.
Spectrum of Surgery Services offered at Wockhardt Hospital includes:
- Micro Laryngeal Surgery for Vocal Cord Polyps, Nodules,
- Voice Surgery
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery – Chronic Sinusitis, Nasal Polyps
- Endoscopic Skullbase Surgery-Surgical Treatment of CSF
- Rhinorrhoea, Pituitary Tumour Excision, Endoscopic Excision
- of Skullbase lesions
- Head & Neck Surgery – Thyroidectomy, Parotidectomy,
- Neck Tumours
- Maxillofacial Trauma Surgery
For any complaint related to ear, nose and throat please visit our centres near you of Wockhardt hospital for treatment.
Wockhardt Hospitals, a chain of tertiary care super-specialty hospitals, has more than 25 years of experience in the creation and management of Super Specialty Hospitals in India.
Wockhardt Hospitals have been regarded as a center of excellence in medica and surgical specialities with facilities in North Mumbai (Mira road), South Mumbai (Mumbai Central), Navi Mumbai (Vashi), Nagpur, Nasik, Rajkot and Surat. Wockhardt Hospitals is having state-of-the-art infrastructure whose prime objective is patient safety first and quality of care at the core of its strategy. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life of patients and to make life win.