“The role of your diet in life plays the most important role in promotion of health and wellbeing of a human being. A good and balanced diet habit improves the quality of life, as poor diet might cause morbidity and illnesses.” National Nutrition Week is celebrated each year from 1st September to the 7th September to aware the people about important tips of their health and well-being.
Purpose of the Week:
This year the theme is feeding smart right from start. The government has created a program to impart proper information and build awareness through Seminars and also Camps to give every Child and Citizen of India on how children can benefit from proper nutritious diet right from birth.
The objective of the National Nutrition Week is to enhance the nutritional practice awareness among people of the community through the adoptable training, timely education, seminars, different competitions, road shows and many other campaigns and to make a healthy Nation.
As part of this initiative with our experienced dietician and medical fraternity we support the Objectives of the National Nutrition Week Celebration.
Following are the endeavours we will be following to achieve this:
- Reviewing the frequency of nutritional problems in various conditions at our hospital
- Evaluating the appropriate techniques to prevent and control the nutritional problems condition through a proper diet plans for all patients
- Consciously making our patients aware and orient them on eating healthy and having a balanced diet. People will be made aware of their food groups and balanced diet from which they can get good nutritious things. A healthy should include the whole grains, fruits, vegetables, fat-free milk or milk products, meats, fish, nuts, seeds and etc. In general the food groups should be included in the diet.
- Monitoring and evaluating nutritional status of patents of various age groups
- Diet counselling services forms a supportive role in many patients for treating various conditions as an alternative to conservative line of medical treatment
Diet Services at Wockhardt Hospital:
Dietetics is the scientific knowledge of establishing the necessary food requirements for individuals, founded on the principles of nutrition. It plays an important role in the treatment of patient and improving their health condition in a hospital.
At Wockhardt hospital out diet and nutrition department play a vital role in the providing nutritional care to patients in various disease states and conditions.
- Our dietitians monitor, assess, and optimize nutrition status based on the patient’s current medical condition and/or nutrition adequacy. Our dietician forms an integral part our medical team and focuses on managing the diet of patient as part of our care.
- Our diet services coordinates with our doctors and asses the nutritional needs, and make necessary they make recommendations for tube and intravenous feedings and/or dietary supplements in a hygienic way.
- In addition to the medical treatment , dietary advice is given to various conditions such diabetes, obesity, weight loss management program, cardiac conditions, paediatric groups, kidney patient, cancer patient ,new born mothers and surgical conditions ,critical care bariatric surgery etc. In all these conditions it plays an integral role in managing patients and assisting in their smooth recovery.
- Clinical dietitians council patients how to make nutritionally sound food choices to speed the recovery process, prevent disease and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Special assessment techniques are carried to evaluate and customise diet plans in the hospital for every patient as per the condition at Wockhardt Hospital.
Our Weight Loss Program:
At Wockhardt Hospital our Endocrinology department, Diabetes and Weight Management Centre at Wockhardt Hospital treat various endocrine disorders .The division has an integrated multi-disciplinary model for providing comprehensive management of the entire range of endocrine conditions. Wockhardt Hospital also has unique weight management centre. Together with India’s only physician certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine, our centre focuses on medical management of overweight and obesity conditions.
We have a multidisciplinary team consisting of physicians, dieticians, counsellors and exercise physiologists. The protocol delivers an international evidence-based management for safe and effective weight loss. The program also works in close collaboration with surgical approaches for weight management for those patients that need it, as the Hospital is also a Centre of Excellence for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
To know about how you can improve your diet and understand its supportive role in treating various conditions, please contact Wockhardt Hospital.
About Wockhardt Hospitals
A 50-year-old legacy and tradition of caring is what Wockhardt Hospital stands on. Wockhardt Hospitals has been proactive in bringing innovative nurturing for better health. Wockhardt Hospitals has become a leading health service provider with its strong presence in the western parts of the country i.e. Mumbai, Nagpur Rajkot, Nasik and Surat. This group of 8 hospitals fulfils the need of the community in its chosen field of super specialty like Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Urology, Aesthetics and Minimal Access Surgery.
Wockhardt Hospitals has state-of-the-art infrastructure. Our prime objective is patient safety and quality of care at all levels. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life of patients and to make life win.
Wockhardt Hospitals follow process driven quality systems that adhere to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, infection control and respect for patient rights & privacy. Many of the Wockhardt group of hospitals has accreditation of the NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals &Healthcare), the highest and the most stringent quality standards institution in India and the National authority in healthcare accreditation. To achieve high degree of clinical excellence, we have entered into strategic alliances with Partners Medical International, USA, whereby Wockhardt Hospitals has access to Harvard’s expertise and experience in the fields of surgery and other Medicare services. Wockhardt group of hospitals in India is a preferred destination for patients from Europe, USA, Africa, Middle East and South Asia.