Hair transplant surgery in India is fast becoming a popular choice of procedure for both men and women .Your hair is a statement of who you are; your status, age and position in society. Losing your hair can lead to frustration, anxiety and depression and finding a hair loss solution has also become vital for some patients.
Hair transplant through hair restoration surgery is now getting quiet popular in India. Patients are generally evaluated if they can be a candidate for the hair transplant surgery in India.
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure to improve baldness and hair loss with hair restoration techniques. It is a novel and innovative technique for hair restoration in India and is regarded as advancement in the fields of cosmetology for treatment of hair loss and restoration. Cost of hair transplant in India of course depends on the hair transplantation technique determined. Hair transplant restoration surgery varies from range is between 35000 to 80000 rupees.
Hair fall causes:
Alopecia is the general medical term for hair loss.
- Most common causes of hair fall in males which is called Male-pattern baldness is the most, usually hereditary affecting around half of all men by 50 years of age.
- It is noticeable in women who have been through the menopause and thyroid diseases and hormonal imbalance in general.
- Some other causes of Alopecia areata is caused by a problem with the immune system. It’s more common among people with other autoimmune conditions, such as an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), diabetes or Down’s syndrome. .
- Hair loss could also be due to medications, chemotherapy or other underlying health conditions.
At Wockhardt Hospital we understand that hair loss could be hampering your appearance and outlook towards life. Our specialised centres are well equipped to carry out the procedure for hair transplant including hair restoration techniques and help you regain your confidence and aesthetic aspect of your life, that maybe a major concern to you.
Our Hair & Skin Academy is a modern, advanced, comprehensive & state of the art facility which offers truly innovative therapies for management of Hair loss. This has been setup with an objective of providing latest therapies, procedures & solutions for hair loss patients in a manner which is transparent, scientific evidence driven, & adheres to the highest standards of quality. Wockhardt hair clinic is an aesthetic setup housed inside Wockhardt hospital which is in exclusive association with Partners Medical Internationals, Boston, USA.
Wockhardt hair clinic utilises the expertise of qualified plastic surgeons, dermatologists and technician having years of hands-on experience. Wockhardt Hair Clinic has one of the best infrastructures and is well supported by an in-house state of the art emergency & ICU services which can be availed in hair transplant solutions. The hair surgical restoration techniques are performed only by plastic surgeons. Our hair transplant surgeons’ relevant degrees & intensive training & experience in hair transplant surgeries.
Who is a good candidate for hair restoration surgery?
- A good candidate for hair restoration surgery is someone who is generally healthy with no absolute contraindications to the treatment.
- They should have no family history of severe male pattern baldness and ideally as the results would not be satisfactory.
- If the hair loss is at an advanced stage then there might be unlikely to have sufficient donor hair to cover your bald areas for hair transplant surgery.
- The texture of the hair is also important as thick, coarse, curly hair tends to work best. It looks more natural and covers the scalp better than fine hair.
- If the hair is fine then several transplant sessions are required to cover the bald area for hair restoration.
Types of Hair Restoration Methods offered at Wockhardt Hospital:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation in treatment of hair loss:
In this type of hair transplant surgery in which a strip of follicular units is taken from the donor site, dissected and then placed in the recipient site. This hair transplant procedure either uses the strip harvesting method or a form of direct extraction called follicular unit extraction. A follicular unit is a naturally occurring cluster of hair follicles in the scalp. A unit can consist of 1, two or three hairs and on a few rare occasions, four hairs.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (fue): this innovative hair transplant procedure involves the removal of follicular units, one by one, before inserting them into the recipient area. On the plus side this is a minimally invasive procedure which produces great results.
- Body Hair Transplant
Body Hair Transplant (BHT) uses the same principles of extraction as FUE, but the hair is extracted from various parts of the body and not from the scalp. BHT is a relatively new form of hair replacement; and in certain special situations it may be considered for hair restoration
- Scalp Micropigmentation:
Micro hair pigmentation, also named Tricopigmentation, is a non-surgical treatment which uses the latest technology to create the effect of a full head of hair. This hair transplant restoration technique is desired in case you are too young for a hair transplant, bad donor area, faster result, and not a candidate for surgery.
All these procedures & surgeries have been well studied & established. The results have been documented & published over a period of time hence there is no doubt about the usefulness & efficacy of the treatment if done properly & by experts. But at the same time it’s important to understand that each human body responds differently to any therapy hence it’s difficult to guarantee any outcome. Being well informed regarding various aspects of hair loss, restoration etc and having realistic expectations from the procedure increase the chances you will be happy with the results.
To know and understand more about Hair transplant surgery please visit our Hair and Skin Academy at Wockhardt Hospital.
Wockhardt Hospitals is regarded as a centre of excellence the healthcare domain, having facilities in North Mumbai (Mira road), South Mumbai (Mumbai Central), Navi Mumbai (Vashi), Nagpur, Nasik, Rajkot and Surat. Wockhardt Hospitals has state-of-the-art infrastructure. Our prime objective is patient safety and quality of care at all levels. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life of patients and to make life win.