- Valentine's Day Gift - Good Health!
If you still aren’t convinced that Valentine’s Day is a good thing, then you must meet this couple from Mira Road who underwent varicose vein surgery on same day to celebrate Valentine day. Varicose vein of leg is complicated condition, most commonly seen in people who have to stand for long hours or are suffering from obesity, it can also occur because of hereditary conditions & post pregnancy. Mr. Shailesh Mehta (56) and Mrs. Kashmira Mehta (53) were suffering from Varicose vein problems for a long time.
Dr. Himanshu Shah, Varicose vein consultant from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road, who conducted laser treatment on this couple said, "Even though the disease is not Life threatening it can be debilitating if not treated properly. Currently 8 out of 100 people are facing this problem in the age bracket of 40 to 45 years. In this case both of them were facing varicose vein problem and considering their age they didn’t want to be dependent on anyone. The couple had requested to perform laser surgery on same day so we can celebrate Valentine day together, so we performed this surgery on 4th February exactly 10 days before.
A big congratulations to Dr. Himanshu Shah, varicose vein consultant from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road and other team members.
Source: Gujarati Mid-day
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018