- Valentine's Day Gift - Good Health!
If you still aren’t convinced that Valentine’s Day is a good thing, then you must meet this couple from Mira Road who underwent varicose vein surgery on same day to celebrate Valentine day. Varicose vein of leg is complicated condition, most commonly seen in people who have to stand for long hours or are suffering from obesity, it can also occur because of hereditary conditions & post pregnancy. Mr. Shailesh Mehta (56) and Mrs. Kashmira Mehta (53) were suffering from Varicose vein problems for a long time.
Dr. Himanshu Shah, Varicose vein consultant from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road, who conducted laser treatment on this couple said, "Even though the disease is not Life threatening it can be debilitating if not treated properly. Currently 8 out of 100 people are facing this problem in the age bracket of 40 to 45 years. In this case both of them were facing varicose vein problem and considering their age they didn’t want to be dependent on anyone. The couple had requested to perform laser surgery on same day so we can celebrate Valentine day together, so we performed this surgery on 4th February exactly 10 days before.
A big congratulations to Dr. Himanshu Shah, varicose vein consultant from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road and other team members.
Source: Gujarati Mid-day
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017