- Valentine's Day Gift - Good Health!
If you still aren’t convinced that Valentine’s Day is a good thing, then you must meet this couple from Mira Road who underwent varicose vein surgery on same day to celebrate Valentine day. Varicose vein of leg is complicated condition, most commonly seen in people who have to stand for long hours or are suffering from obesity, it can also occur because of hereditary conditions & post pregnancy. Mr. Shailesh Mehta (56) and Mrs. Kashmira Mehta (53) were suffering from Varicose vein problems for a long time.
Dr. Himanshu Shah, Varicose vein consultant from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road, who conducted laser treatment on this couple said, "Even though the disease is not Life threatening it can be debilitating if not treated properly. Currently 8 out of 100 people are facing this problem in the age bracket of 40 to 45 years. In this case both of them were facing varicose vein problem and considering their age they didn’t want to be dependent on anyone. The couple had requested to perform laser surgery on same day so we can celebrate Valentine day together, so we performed this surgery on 4th February exactly 10 days before.
A big congratulations to Dr. Himanshu Shah, varicose vein consultant from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road and other team members.
Source: Gujarati Mid-day
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018