Wockhardt Hospital’s provides evaluation and management of children with diseases affecting their nervous system and muscles, epilepsy, and more. The service is provided for children with the following disorders.
- The Autism Spectrum disorder is a providing diagnosis, treatment, continuity of care and support services for children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and their families. Services are available for children from infancy through adolescence who have a known or suspected ASD diagnosis.
- The Brain Development diagnostic services for children with brain development disorders.
- Epilepsy brings together paediatric epileptologists, neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists, neurology nurses, dieticians and many others, who all work as an integrated team toward the goal of helping children and teens lead seizure-free lives.
- Our neurologists evaluate children and teens with all types of headaches through the Headache Program
- The Learning Disabilities Program offers evaluations to provide parents, teachers and physicians with a well-rounded understanding of their school-age children who face challenges in cognitive, academic and social development. Our interdisciplinary approach provides a unique understanding of the whole child.
What all treatments are available under pediatric neurology area?
Treatment for paediatric neurology problems varies according to the underlying cause. Medications usually include those for seizure control, tone control and behavioural modulation. Therapy forms the backbone of majority of chronic disorders. Modalities include
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Behaviour Therapy
- Clinical Psychology