Nashik: Retrieval of vital organs like heart, liver and kidneys is a rare event in a city like Nashik, where awareness about organ donation is very low and sometimes old customs or religious sentiments do come in the way. Wockhardt Hospital Nashik recently carried out organ harvesting, wherein heart, liver and both kidneys were harvested.
The patient, late Shankar Makhare unfortunately met with an accident on March 31st and suffered irreversible brain damage. His wife took a courageous decision to donate his body for retrieval of vital organs. They expressed their desire to treating doctor Dr. Sanjeev Desai, who is the Neurosurgeon attached with Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik. These organs were to be transplanted in other needy patients whose life saving organs have failed and need an organ transplant.
Patient’s kidneys, heart and liver were successfully harvested. A 66-year-old lady on hemodialysis since last 8 years was waiting for a kidney transplant due to unavailability of a family donor. The second patient was a 40-year old young man on hemodialysis since last 4 years. Both the kidney transplantations were carried out successfully at Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik under the guidance of Nephrologist Dr. Nagesh Aghor, surgical team comprising Dr. Kishor Wani, Dr. Rahul Kaiche, Dr. G B Singh, anesthesiologist Dr. Kirandeep Sandhu and Dr. Rupinder Kaiche.
His heart gave a new lease of life to a 13-year-old girl from Jalgaon, who was suffering from an end-stage heart disease at Pune. Another patient was given his liver. Nashik police provided their valuable support for this,
“The patient’s family has set a great example to the society that organ donation is the greatest of donations. Through it, we are helping another human to live this life. Indeed, his wife Manisha Makhare is worthy of greatest accolades. There is an immense gap between the number of people requiring organ transplants and actual number of heart, liver and kidneys available for transplant through donation.
The society needs many more such acts of generosity and bravery,” center head of Wockhardt Hospital Vinod Sawantwadkar said. The team at Wockhardt Hospital comprising neurologist Dr. Dhananjay Duberkar, senior manager (admin) Dr. Sachin Mane, transplant coordinator Ghansham Borale and ICU team coordinated this endeavour with zonal transplant coordinator Arti Gokhale at Pune.Story link : http://www.deshdoot.com/?p=4581257
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019