Dr Nitin Tiwari, interventional cardiologist at Wockhardt Heart Hospital, performed a rotablation (also called as rotational atherectomy) on an 81-year-old patient from Madhya Pradesh in his 100% blocked left arterial descending (LAD) artery and obtained extremely good results.
“In persons requiring angioplasty with highly calcified and blocked arteries, rotablation is a pre-requisite to angioplasty. But rotablation can never be a substitute to angioplasty. These patients have such severe blocks that balloon used in angioplasty doesn’t pass through the vessel at all and there is no other option but to adopt this technique,” Dr. Tiwari told TOI.
Nagpur City interventional cardiologists are now using ‘rotablation’ technique to open highly calcified blood vessels more often than before. Though not all cardiologists are doing it as is a demanding procedure, those who are using the technique are finding it very handy in case of aged patients and patients with allied complications.
Big congratulations to Dr Nitin Tiwari, Wockhardt Heart Hospital, Nagpur and clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019