Successful Liver transplant surgery was performed on a 50 year old women from Mumbai. It is the 1st Liver Transplant Surgery at Wockhardt Superspeciality Hospital Nagpur. The liver transplant programme was inaugurated last month at Wockhardt Hopsitals, Nagpur.
Wockhardt was informed about cadaver donor from Wardha on June 4th 2018. The Liver team from Wockhardt Hospitals went to Wardha on June 5th 2018 for donor surgery. With the help of city police ‘green corridor’ was created between Wardha and Nagpur and the team lead by Dr. Anurag Shrimal, Liver transplant Surgeon, Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur, brought the organ(Liver) to Nagpur in a short span of one hour. Donor surgery lasted for 3 hours.
Meanwhile recipient Liver team lead by Dr. Gaurav Gupta, Liver transplant Surgeon had started the recipient transplant surgery. This surgery started at 7pm on 5th June and lasted till 5 am on 6th June.
Big congratulations to Dr. Anurag Shrimal and Dr. Gaurav Gupta, Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur and clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO Launches a Diabetes Clinic Powered by Wellthy Therapeutics10 Dec, 2018