- Mumbai docs gives hope to Yemeni Children with cerebral palsy.
“Once we go back home, we will tell all our relatives and friends how India is helping us put our children back on their feet,” said Mohammad Ali, grandfather to seven-year-old Ali Talal. Against the backdrop of World Cerebral Palsy Day, families from Yemen, a war-torn country in the Middle East, said Indian doctors are offering hope to children suffering from congenital disorder of movement, muscle tone or posture.
Cerebral palsy —a neurological disorder — is a result of abnormal brain development often before or immediately after birth. Patients show symptoms such as impaired movement, abnormal reflexes, floppiness or rigidity of the limbs, abnormal posture, involuntary movements, unsteady walking.
Orthopaedic surgeon Dr Atul Bhaskar said he has treated at least four Yemeni children diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Two of them, Talal and Abdul Rehman, underwent surgeries for contracture removal Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road, last week. A contracture is the permanent shortening of a muscle or joint in a concentrated muscle area.
Both families are likely to return home by the end of October.
Big congratulations to Dr Atul Bhaskar Wockhardt Hospitals Mira Road and clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- Wockhardt Hospitals awarded "Best clinical practices of the year award" at Navabharat Value Based Healthcare Summit and Awards 201815 Nov, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital female staff goes pink in October09 Oct, 2018
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018