A 21-year-old brain-dead man's liver and kidneys were donated to save three lives by his mother, who is employed with a private hospital in Mira Road. His eyes too were donated.
On October 20, at 7.30pm, Pratik Uchil, a resident of Mira Road, was riding pillion with a friend. The rider lost control of the two-wheeler on Kashimira flyover and skid. Pratik, who was employed with a travel agency in Malad, fell on the road and was run over by a vehicle coming from the opposite direction. He was not wearing a helmet.
Pratik was taken to the nearby Orbit Hospital and later moved to Wockhardt Hospital in Mira Road, where doctors declared him brain dead on Saturday . Pratik's mother Rupa, who has been working in the billing department of Wockhardt Hospital since five years, decided to donate his organs. Hospital authorities said Rupa was aware of the organ donation drive after an awareness programme was held at the hospital.
The city has seen 50 cadaver donations so far this year. Crusaders of organ donation are hopeful that it will breach the record number of 58 donations last year.
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019