Father’s day is observed on 18th June every year. A father is every son's first hero and every daughter's first love. He did not just get you in the world but has given all his life and efforts to make your life better. It is therefore, every child’s responsibility to care for their parents during old age.
We have LIVE example from Mumbai where two sons have saved their father’s life with all their efforts and dedication. Mr Sunil P Joshi, a 56 yrs old patient was admitted to Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central in March 2017 with liver cirrhosis. His condition had deteriorated over time. He was unable to speak, was unable to walk without support. He had lost all his muscle mass, appeared skinny with lot of fluid in his belly. He had a huge bed sore.
Wockhardt Hospital multidisciplinary team evaluated and optimized him in 4 weeks. At the same time the family strongly stood for him. The older son, (Dharmesh Joshi)an advocate by profession, worked hard and managed to get financial support with the help of Government (Prime Minister and Chief Minister Relief fund), Non-Governmental Organizations (Various trust), Digital Media (Crowd Funding), relatives and friends. The younger son, (Yash Joshi) 22 yrs old, cheerful boy donated 60 % part of his liver.
Liver transplant surgery was conducted on 2nd May successfully in Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central by Dr. Anurag Shrimal & Team.
Source : Gujarat Mid-day
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018