Father’s day is observed on 18th June every year. A father is every son's first hero and every daughter's first love. He did not just get you in the world but has given all his life and efforts to make your life better. It is therefore, every child’s responsibility to care for their parents during old age.
We have LIVE example from Mumbai where two sons have saved their father’s life with all their efforts and dedication. Mr Sunil P Joshi, a 56 yrs old patient was admitted to Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central in March 2017 with liver cirrhosis. His condition had deteriorated over time. He was unable to speak, was unable to walk without support. He had lost all his muscle mass, appeared skinny with lot of fluid in his belly. He had a huge bed sore.
Wockhardt Hospital multidisciplinary team evaluated and optimized him in 4 weeks. At the same time the family strongly stood for him. The older son, (Dharmesh Joshi)an advocate by profession, worked hard and managed to get financial support with the help of Government (Prime Minister and Chief Minister Relief fund), Non-Governmental Organizations (Various trust), Digital Media (Crowd Funding), relatives and friends. The younger son, (Yash Joshi) 22 yrs old, cheerful boy donated 60 % part of his liver.
Liver transplant surgery was conducted on 2nd May successfully in Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central by Dr. Anurag Shrimal & Team.
Source : Gujarat Mid-day
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017