“Next to creating a life, the finest thing a man can do is save one” – Abraham Lincoln
Shantaram Bamne, a 45-year-old Vashigaon resident, who works as an ambulance driver at Sterling Wockhardt hospital in Vashi, saved the life of a biker who had met with an accident on the Sion-Panvel highway recently. While motorists paused to see the injured youth profusely bleeding on the road, Bamne took the biker in a taxi to the hospital 500 metres away.
The 22-year-old victim, Farhan Pasta, who resides with his uncle at Colaba, had bumped into a rainwater-filled pothole after crossing the Vashi toll plaza. A speeding truck from behind ran over him and dragged him for some distance which severely damaged his internal organs.
Bamne said, "On September 19, I was returning home in a borrowed car after finishing some work in Chembur. Around 4pm, when I crossed the plaza, I saw a crowd gathered abutting the highway, and a biker lying on road with his body covered with a plastic sheet. A traffic cop was waving at vehicles but no one halted as it was raining heavily. I stopped to help the cop, when a passing taxi halted behind. The cop put the youth in the taxi to take him to NMMC hospital in Vashi. But the youth seemed critical, so I suggested he be taken to Sterling Wockhardt. Doctors operated on the youth and saved him as he was brought quickly."
Dr. Abhijit Bagul, trauma care surgeon at Sterling Wockhardt, said, "Pasta had to undergo three surgeries as he sustained a major abdominal injury, pelvis fracture, urinary bladder rupture and multiple fractures of his limbs. His condition was critical. Even the truck tyre mark was visible on his abdomen. With prompt medical care, we resuscitated the patient."
Big congratulations to Dr Abhijit Bagul, Trauma care surgeon at Wockhardt Hospitals Vashi and clinical team members and Mr Shantaram Bamne, Ambulance Driver who proved “Life wins’.
Online Link : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/navi-mumbai/ambulance-driver-saves-sobo-biker-hurt-due-to-pothole/articleshow/60963661.cms
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019