Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals Limited was felicitated by ‘WOW Young Business Woman Leader’ award for her concentrated efforts in her profession, making a distinctive mark of her in the society. The Women of Wonder (WOW) Awards were presented by Lions Club International at a grand felicitation ceremony celebrating Womanhood in Mumbai on International Women’s Day.
The Women of Wonder (WOW) Awards are a special honor created by Lions Club International’s Women Empowerment Committee to celebrate and recognize accomplished emerging women leaders who represent the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders across a wide range of disciplines and fields: business, sports, government, social responsibility, arts and media.
Jury and organizers of WOW Lions Awards opined that Zahabiya Khorakiwala is not only a good business woman, but also inherits the qualities of leadership and management. They felicitated her for the vigor and enthusiasm she brings in to the organisation at a young age, and her determination & dedication to drive the business on wheels independently.
Zahabiya Khorakiwala is the driving force behind the super specialty Wockhardt Hospitals. As the Managing Director, Zahabiya has transformed Wockhardt hospitals into an entity that stands for patient safety and quality care. She sets very high standards on both these parameters and personally monitors quality standards. Her passion for healthcare and ‘no compromise’ approach has enabled Wockhardt hospitals to set benchmarks in clinical outcomes. Under her leadership, Wockhardt Hospitals has set up two large hospitals in Mumbai last year. The `New Age’ Wockhardt Hospital in South Mumbai has become the epitome of Patient care, Technology and Skills in a very short time. The Wockhardt Hospital at Mira Road has fulfilled a long existing unmet need of high and tertiary care for the vast population of far western suburbs
Expressing her happiness over the wins, Zahabiya Khorakiwala said, “I thank the organizers and the jury for presenting me with this prestigious award. WOW- Women of Wonder award means a lot in itself. No doubt women are born to do wonders, and they do wonders in their day to day life as well. Today a woman is known for being independent - standing for herself, her family and her workplace; she is one power that reflects perseverance, devotion and strength. All women should be proud of who they are and how they touch so many lives in different ways. Through this award, I wish to encourage other women to chase their dreams boldly, stay unbounded and gain higher achievements
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO Launches a Diabetes Clinic Powered by Wellthy Therapeutics10 Dec, 2018
- Key to saving your life: Don't lock your phone03 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospitals awarded "Best clinical practices of the year award" at Navabharat Value Based Healthcare Summit and Awards 201815 Nov, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital female staff goes pink in October09 Oct, 2018
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018