Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals Limited was felicitated by ‘WOW Young Business Woman Leader’ award for her concentrated efforts in her profession, making a distinctive mark of her in the society. The Women of Wonder (WOW) Awards were presented by Lions Club International at a grand felicitation ceremony celebrating Womanhood in Mumbai on International Women’s Day.
The Women of Wonder (WOW) Awards are a special honor created by Lions Club International’s Women Empowerment Committee to celebrate and recognize accomplished emerging women leaders who represent the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders across a wide range of disciplines and fields: business, sports, government, social responsibility, arts and media.
Jury and organizers of WOW Lions Awards opined that Zahabiya Khorakiwala is not only a good business woman, but also inherits the qualities of leadership and management. They felicitated her for the vigor and enthusiasm she brings in to the organisation at a young age, and her determination & dedication to drive the business on wheels independently.
Zahabiya Khorakiwala is the driving force behind the super specialty Wockhardt Hospitals. As the Managing Director, Zahabiya has transformed Wockhardt hospitals into an entity that stands for patient safety and quality care. She sets very high standards on both these parameters and personally monitors quality standards. Her passion for healthcare and ‘no compromise’ approach has enabled Wockhardt hospitals to set benchmarks in clinical outcomes. Under her leadership, Wockhardt Hospitals has set up two large hospitals in Mumbai last year. The `New Age’ Wockhardt Hospital in South Mumbai has become the epitome of Patient care, Technology and Skills in a very short time. The Wockhardt Hospital at Mira Road has fulfilled a long existing unmet need of high and tertiary care for the vast population of far western suburbs
Expressing her happiness over the wins, Zahabiya Khorakiwala said, “I thank the organizers and the jury for presenting me with this prestigious award. WOW- Women of Wonder award means a lot in itself. No doubt women are born to do wonders, and they do wonders in their day to day life as well. Today a woman is known for being independent - standing for herself, her family and her workplace; she is one power that reflects perseverance, devotion and strength. All women should be proud of who they are and how they touch so many lives in different ways. Through this award, I wish to encourage other women to chase their dreams boldly, stay unbounded and gain higher achievements
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019