Considering gender violence is rampant everywhere with rising cases of sexual assault, molestation, murder and kidnapping, self-defense for women is of utmost importance.
Being a responsible corporate, Wockhardt Hospital put a foot forward and observed International Women’s Day this year with “I am fearless” campaign, by training female work force in self-defense techniques. The self defense training was given by safety-in-charge officers i.e. Women police officers- Self-defense for the women, by the women!
The one hour training program also included a pledge- ‘Pledge for Parity’ after which Wockhardt hospital shared the “I am fearless” - Wockhardian Brave Medal with female Wockhardians. This inculcated a feeling of power within each of them making them stronger & fearless.
The campaign was observed at Wockhardt hospitals group across the places like at Mira Road, Nagpur, Goa, Surat, Nashik, Vashi and Rajkot locations where the total number 1375 Female staff gets self-defence training from Women police officers.
Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “A large number of women work round the clock in the hospital premises. On International Women’s day, “I am fearless” campaign is a step to ensure their safety. Being a responsible corporate we are happy to carry out such initiatives which make them strong both mentally and physically.
Dr. Rajani Tewari, Head HR, Wockhardt Hospitals expressing her thoughts said, “The purpose of this initiative is to empower and equip every female staff of Wockhardt hospitals in self defence techniques. I am very thankful to the police officials for giving us their valuable time and inputs in making this initiative a success.
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018
- Expert says potholes lead to physical and mental stress in people during monsoons04 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai sees six dengue cases after first spell of monsoon04 Jul, 2018
- Lupus – The Disease That Can Present Just With Joint Pains Initially04 Jul, 2018
- Do you have a 'Numb Thumb'?04 Jul, 2018
- Push ‘Code White’ for seizures and strokes03 Jul, 2018