Considering gender violence is rampant everywhere with rising cases of sexual assault, molestation, murder and kidnapping, self-defense for women is of utmost importance.
Being a responsible corporate, Wockhardt Hospital put a foot forward and observed International Women’s Day this year with “I am fearless” campaign, by training female work force in self-defense techniques. The self defense training was given by safety-in-charge officers i.e. Women police officers- Self-defense for the women, by the women!
The one hour training program also included a pledge- ‘Pledge for Parity’ after which Wockhardt hospital shared the “I am fearless” - Wockhardian Brave Medal with female Wockhardians. This inculcated a feeling of power within each of them making them stronger & fearless.
The campaign was observed at Wockhardt hospitals group across the places like at Mira Road, Nagpur, Goa, Surat, Nashik, Vashi and Rajkot locations where the total number 1375 Female staff gets self-defence training from Women police officers.
Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “A large number of women work round the clock in the hospital premises. On International Women’s day, “I am fearless” campaign is a step to ensure their safety. Being a responsible corporate we are happy to carry out such initiatives which make them strong both mentally and physically.
Dr. Rajani Tewari, Head HR, Wockhardt Hospitals expressing her thoughts said, “The purpose of this initiative is to empower and equip every female staff of Wockhardt hospitals in self defence techniques. I am very thankful to the police officials for giving us their valuable time and inputs in making this initiative a success.
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017