Wockhardt Group of Hospitals in a unique initiative distributed first aid kits to a massive 63 highway police stations across the state of Maharashtra. These kits were distributed as a part of the “Road Safety Week” where people are made aware about the importance of safe driving. The kits were distributed through the month of January across 43 Traffic Aid Posts on the prominent National & State Highways in Maharashtra. In Mumbai, they covered Eastern Express Highway, Sion – Panvel Expressway and Western Express Highway.
With the increase in number of road accidents and deaths due to accident injuries, it is imperative for healthcare institutes along with the public to take some steps towards safety. Distribution of these first aid kits is a measure along the same lines. Although several celebrities have come forward with the message of safe driving etc, more needs to be done.
In Maharashtra, Wockhardt Hospitals distributed the first aid kits in the cities of Nashik, Nagpur, Vashi, Mira-Bhayandar and Mumbai. As a part of the initiative, the honourable Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis was also presented with these kits at Nagpur, and briefed about the programme. He appreciated the steps taken by Wockhardt Hospitals for the safety of people.
“At Wockhardt Hospitals, we treat several cases of road accidents, and it involves both adults as well as children. By providing these first aid kits to the highway police stations, we wish to spread the awareness about driving safe along with highlighting the importance of first aid care. Any small measure that can be done prior to a patient arriving at the hospital helps," said Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Group of Hospitals.
A few months ago, the hospital had undertaken several sessions like CPR and other training for policemen to teach them how to provide first aid during emergencies.
About Wockhardt Hospitals:
Wockhardt Hospitals is a chain of tertiary care super-specialty hospitals with facilities in Goa, Nagpur, Nasik, Vashi (Navi Mumbai), Rajkot, Surat, Mira Road and South Mumbai. All Wockhardt Hospitals have state-of-the-art infrastructure and globally benchmarked processes to enable Patient Care & Safety. Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd. is one of the few professionally managed corporate hospital groups in the country which put patient safety and quality of care at the core of its strategy. The overall 800 bedded hospitals have over 1000 Standard Operating Procedures or Protocols for both clinical and non-clinical processes in place. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life patients.
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019