Wockhardt Group of Hospitals in a unique initiative distributed first aid kits to a massive 63 highway police stations across the state of Maharashtra. These kits were distributed as a part of the “Road Safety Week” where people are made aware about the importance of safe driving. The kits were distributed through the month of January across 43 Traffic Aid Posts on the prominent National & State Highways in Maharashtra. In Mumbai, they covered Eastern Express Highway, Sion – Panvel Expressway and Western Express Highway.
With the increase in number of road accidents and deaths due to accident injuries, it is imperative for healthcare institutes along with the public to take some steps towards safety. Distribution of these first aid kits is a measure along the same lines. Although several celebrities have come forward with the message of safe driving etc, more needs to be done.
In Maharashtra, Wockhardt Hospitals distributed the first aid kits in the cities of Nashik, Nagpur, Vashi, Mira-Bhayandar and Mumbai. As a part of the initiative, the honourable Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis was also presented with these kits at Nagpur, and briefed about the programme. He appreciated the steps taken by Wockhardt Hospitals for the safety of people.
“At Wockhardt Hospitals, we treat several cases of road accidents, and it involves both adults as well as children. By providing these first aid kits to the highway police stations, we wish to spread the awareness about driving safe along with highlighting the importance of first aid care. Any small measure that can be done prior to a patient arriving at the hospital helps," said Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Group of Hospitals.
A few months ago, the hospital had undertaken several sessions like CPR and other training for policemen to teach them how to provide first aid during emergencies.
About Wockhardt Hospitals:
Wockhardt Hospitals is a chain of tertiary care super-specialty hospitals with facilities in Goa, Nagpur, Nasik, Vashi (Navi Mumbai), Rajkot, Surat, Mira Road and South Mumbai. All Wockhardt Hospitals have state-of-the-art infrastructure and globally benchmarked processes to enable Patient Care & Safety. Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd. is one of the few professionally managed corporate hospital groups in the country which put patient safety and quality of care at the core of its strategy. The overall 800 bedded hospitals have over 1000 Standard Operating Procedures or Protocols for both clinical and non-clinical processes in place. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life patients.
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018