Wockhardt Hospitals here today organised kite flying event for 300 slum children to raise awareness and funds for pediatric heart diseases and to join forces in the fight against Congenital Heart Disorders (CHD) on the eve of Children's day tomorrow.
Speaking at the function Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director,Wockhardt Hospitals said, "excellent medical care worth for treating CHD comes to about Rs 3 lakh can save a diseased heart. A financial support of Rs 50,000 can make a huge difference to the life of the suffering child and his/her family."
Further explaining the cause she said, "when you support one child, you save two lives, because for every one child supported by you, we solemnly pledge to support another child at the Wockhardt Heart Institute."
Dr Suresh Joshi, Director-Paediatric and Congenital Heart Centre,Wockhardt Heart Institute, said, "CHDs are the most common types of birth defects. The incidence of CHD worldwide is around 10-12/1000 live births. In India, around 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 children are born with heart defects each year in India. Of these, only around 10,000 children are operated in 13 major centres in India."
He further added, "there is a need for more dedicated centres for treating CHDs in our country."
Thursday, November 27, 2014. Source: webindia123.com
The coverage also appeared in:
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018
- Expert says potholes lead to physical and mental stress in people during monsoons04 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai sees six dengue cases after first spell of monsoon04 Jul, 2018
- Lupus – The Disease That Can Present Just With Joint Pains Initially04 Jul, 2018
- Do you have a 'Numb Thumb'?04 Jul, 2018
- Push ‘Code White’ for seizures and strokes03 Jul, 2018