In 2009, it sold 10 of its 17 hospitals to Fortis to repay debt.
Five years after selling over half of its hospitals to Fortis, privately held chain of tertiary care centres Wockhardt Hospitals is back on the expansion mode. It launched its 350-bed hospital in South Mumbai on Thursday by investing Rs 350 crore ($59 million), as per a company release.
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017