Wockhardt Hospitals celebrated “Medication Safety Week” last month (from August 12-14, 2014), involving all staff and patients. Medication safety helps focus on things a healthcare professional can do to increase safety for the patients.
The “Medication Safety Week” focused on, ‘How often do we find that poor communication is the cause of problems?’, ‘What is medication reconciliation and why is it important?’, ‘Do we have questions regarding medications and whom should we address them to?’, and ‘What are some effective tips to ensure better medication safety?’ Wockhardt Hospitals firmly believe that patients should get quality service and hence are taking the proactive route to educate patients, staff and relatives about the need for caution and care when it comes to medications.
During the “Medication safety week”, all units of the group conducted poster competitions, quiz competitions, and safety audits; these activities involved participation from patients and their relatives in addition to staff.
Emphasizing on the Medication Safety, Dr. Clive Fernandes, Group Clinical Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “We as patients do not normally pay much attention to what medications are prescribed for us and their potential benefits and adverse effects. Medication errors are a reality and what is reported is just the tip of the iceberg. With such initiatives we at Wockhardt Hospitals aim to increase awareness of the need for medication safety by implementing sound policies.”
Stating the importance of medications in delivering quality healthcare, Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “Providing safe patient care requires commitment to deliver quality service. We look forward to educate all the staff members, patients and their relatives on medication safety. For the betterment of overall healthcare services, we need to ensure that communication with patients and relatives is optimized.”
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018