Wockhardt Hospitals celebrated “Medication Safety Week” last month (from August 12-14, 2014), involving all staff and patients. Medication safety helps focus on things a healthcare professional can do to increase safety for the patients.
The “Medication Safety Week” focused on, ‘How often do we find that poor communication is the cause of problems?’, ‘What is medication reconciliation and why is it important?’, ‘Do we have questions regarding medications and whom should we address them to?’, and ‘What are some effective tips to ensure better medication safety?’ Wockhardt Hospitals firmly believe that patients should get quality service and hence are taking the proactive route to educate patients, staff and relatives about the need for caution and care when it comes to medications.
During the “Medication safety week”, all units of the group conducted poster competitions, quiz competitions, and safety audits; these activities involved participation from patients and their relatives in addition to staff.
Emphasizing on the Medication Safety, Dr. Clive Fernandes, Group Clinical Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “We as patients do not normally pay much attention to what medications are prescribed for us and their potential benefits and adverse effects. Medication errors are a reality and what is reported is just the tip of the iceberg. With such initiatives we at Wockhardt Hospitals aim to increase awareness of the need for medication safety by implementing sound policies.”
Stating the importance of medications in delivering quality healthcare, Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “Providing safe patient care requires commitment to deliver quality service. We look forward to educate all the staff members, patients and their relatives on medication safety. For the betterment of overall healthcare services, we need to ensure that communication with patients and relatives is optimized.”
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017