The newly launched, Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai, is the official medical partner for the third edition of Pinkathon to be held in Mumbai onDecember 14, 2014.
Pinkathon is a multi city 10kms run only for women. The objective of the event is to encourage women’s health and fitness and raise awareness about breast cancer, its causes and prevention.
Understanding the fact that lack of awareness has been one of the major challenges in Breast Cancer prevention, Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai sought to be a partner for the event. Running is considered to be one of the ten measures to help prevent breast cancer.
Model, actor, avid runner and fitness enthusiast Milind Soman, who is the official ambassador, was at Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai, to promote the upcoming SBI Pinkathon 2014 and to announce the association with Wockhardt. The staff of the hospital, along with the actor, pledged ‘Life Wins’ for breast cancer diagnosis.
As part of the association, Wockhardt Hospitals will provide the following:
1. At the venue on Dec 14
A team of medical professionals including doctors, nurses, and paramedical staff along with Cardiac Ambulances will be stationed at MMRDA, BKC. There will also be bunkers where the hospital will keep 8 Beds, incase of any emergency
2. On Dec 12 & 13
The hospital will set up health desks at Bandra Fort Amphitheatre, Bandra (W) where registered participants can come to collect their running kits and check their BMI/BP and blood sugar levels so that they know their vitals before running and can improve themselves and get fit for the runAll participants completing the run will get a health coupon which includes a complimentary mammography test for someone who is above 40 years and a self breast examination session for someone who is 20 years and above.
Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai, has an expert panel of doctors for oncology care with dedicated day care section. Besides, the hospital has state-of-the-art Critical Care Institute with specialist team well equipped to support any critical case of oncology.
Thursday, December 11, 2014. Source: Thehealthsite
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017