16 Medical Experts From Hospitals In Boston, USA Inaugurate The New Wockhardt Facility
• 100 critical care beds and emergency/trauma care services: The largest and first state-of-the-art emergency unit in South Mumbai with round-the-clock vigilance• Advanced concept for patient monitoring such as IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anesthesia (ICCA), which is an integrated system for capturing real time, accurate patient vital data in the critical care units. It enhances nursing availability for patient care and facilitates speedier evidence-based clinical decision making at the bedside• Only Heart Institute to treat complex heart problems in both adults and children • A fully wireless hospital and the first paperlite hospital in Mumbai
Mumbai, Thursday, November 6, 2014: Wockhardt Hospitals inaugurated its South Mumbai hospital today. The 350-bed multi-speciality hospital at Mumbai Central hosts two institutes of excellence: ‘Wockhardt Heart Institute’ and ‘Wockhardt Critical Care Institute’. The hospital has a longstanding preferred collaboration with Partners Medical International (PMI), an associate of Harvard Medical School affiliated hospitals. The partnership will help bring to Wockhardt’s patients, global standards of care and clinical expertise. Senior staff at the hospital, including doctors and nurses, have undergone training at Harvard Medical School.
Wockhardt Hospital is the first hospital in South Mumbai with a dedicated heart institute and will also have 100 bed for critical care, the largest such facility in the city. An expert team from Partners HealthCare International (PHI) led by Dr. Gilbert Mudge – President & CEO, PHI and Professor of Medicine – Harvard Medical School was present at the inauguration along with Founder Chairman of Wockhardt Group, Dr. Habil Khorakiwala and Managing Director of Wockhardt Hospitals, Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala.
The 21-storeyed, state-of-the-art tertiary care hospital is Wockhardt Group’s largest flagship hospital and will have full-time committed consultants, surgeons and physicians to drive the healthcare services.
Right from the design of the hospital to the processes, the hospital aims to make safer treatments and diagnosis and thereby adhere to the philosophy of ‘Life Wins’. At the inauguration ceremony, Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director of the Hospital, along with all the staff took a pledge of “Life Wins" because Wockhardians believe in the pledge--a reaffirmation that indeed Life Wins.
On the occasion of the inauguration, Dr. Habil Khorakiwala, Founder Chairman, Wockhardt Group said, “We realised that Mumbai has a serious requirement for emergency services. Our new facility is an answer to this unaddressed gap. Our association with Boston’s key hospitals including Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Dana–Farber Cancer Institute will ensure that the best medical expertise in the world is available to the patients here. The hospital is also equipped with world-class advanced technology which guarantees best care and facilities.”
Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “The new age Wockhardt hospital is built on the ethos of ‘Life Wins’. Through this mantra, it is our endeavour to provide the best quality of patient care and better clinical outcomes. Our approach is holistic treatment, incorporating three key elements; the infrastructure and technology of the hospital, the systems and process which are designed to be safer and more convenient, and with some of the top most doctors of the city one is in competent hands."
Further, she added, "This hospital has the first paperlite ICU in Mumbai, and several such technologies in this hospital make clinical decisions more accurate."
Dr. Gilbert Mudge said, “The new facility bears testimony to Wockhardt’s motto of providing world class medical services and care to its patients. Partners Medical International is happy to have been associated with Wockhardt since the last 12 years and supporting them in their endeavour through superior advice and medical expertise.”
With the launch of the South Mumbai facility, Wockhardt Hospitals now has a significant footprint in Mumbai Metropolitan Region.
About Wockhardt Hospitals:
Wockhardt Hospitals, part of the Wockhardt Group, one of the largest healthcare conglomerate; is a chain of tertiary care hospitals. Wockhardt Hospitals has tertiary care facilities in Goa, Nagpur, Nasik, Rajkot, Surat, North Mumbai and South Mumbai.
The hospital chain has 1600 beds across all its facilities. All facilities adhere to procedures and protocols laid down for both clinical and non-clinical processes. In pursuance of its vision to establish state-of-the-art medical facilities in India along with a high degree of clinical excellence, Wockhardt Hospitals has entered into strategic alliances with Partners Medical International (PMI) of USA, earlier known as Harvard Medical International (HMI), which provides professional and technical advice and help to deliver healthcare of global standards in the country.
For media queries, please contact
Renuka Bhide| 9819553192| email@example.comVarsha Vasu| 9833610164| firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019