Farhan Akhtar, the most versatile and dynamic actor of Bollywood met a patient in Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi who was suffering from a rare disease of AIDP. Vinod Verma (name changed) Age 32 is bedridden since August 2014 suffering of Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (AIDP) diseases. In this particular diseases “nerves” systems are unable to transmit information to brain & spinal cord & patient faces communication difficulties.
Dr. Mehul Kalawadia, Centre Head, Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi said, “The patient has been here for the last three months. At the beginning he was on ventilator in the ICU, later on he started recovering and after a month he was removed from ventilator support and shifted to normal ward, but his body did not respond well. During his physiotherapy session he had mentioned about he is big fan of Farhan Akthar & very much inspired by his movie Bhag Milkha Bhag "
Dr. Mehul Kalwadia added, During Farhan shooting schedule in Vashi, Navi Mumbai Sterling Wockhardt Hospital approached him to meet the patient as it would help him recover faster and fulfill his dream of meeting his favorite actor. Farhan Akthar is the most humble personality I have ever met, as soon as we told him about our patient he was ready to meet him without any hesitation. When Farhan met him, the patient was really amazed and happy and even greeted the star by shaking hands. It really made his day and brought a smile to his face.
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017