Farhan Akhtar, the most versatile and dynamic actor of Bollywood met a patient in Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi who was suffering from a rare disease of AIDP. Vinod Verma (name changed) Age 32 is bedridden since August 2014 suffering of Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (AIDP) diseases. In this particular diseases “nerves” systems are unable to transmit information to brain & spinal cord & patient faces communication difficulties.
Dr. Mehul Kalawadia, Centre Head, Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi said, “The patient has been here for the last three months. At the beginning he was on ventilator in the ICU, later on he started recovering and after a month he was removed from ventilator support and shifted to normal ward, but his body did not respond well. During his physiotherapy session he had mentioned about he is big fan of Farhan Akthar & very much inspired by his movie Bhag Milkha Bhag "
Dr. Mehul Kalwadia added, During Farhan shooting schedule in Vashi, Navi Mumbai Sterling Wockhardt Hospital approached him to meet the patient as it would help him recover faster and fulfill his dream of meeting his favorite actor. Farhan Akthar is the most humble personality I have ever met, as soon as we told him about our patient he was ready to meet him without any hesitation. When Farhan met him, the patient was really amazed and happy and even greeted the star by shaking hands. It really made his day and brought a smile to his face.
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO Launches a Diabetes Clinic Powered by Wellthy Therapeutics10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018
- Key to saving your life: Don't lock your phone03 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospitals awarded "Best clinical practices of the year award" at Navabharat Value Based Healthcare Summit and Awards 201815 Nov, 2018