Farhan Akhtar, the most versatile and dynamic actor of Bollywood met a patient in Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi who was suffering from a rare disease of AIDP. Vinod Verma (name changed) Age 32 is bedridden since August 2014 suffering of Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (AIDP) diseases. In this particular diseases “nerves” systems are unable to transmit information to brain & spinal cord & patient faces communication difficulties.
Dr. Mehul Kalawadia, Centre Head, Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi said, “The patient has been here for the last three months. At the beginning he was on ventilator in the ICU, later on he started recovering and after a month he was removed from ventilator support and shifted to normal ward, but his body did not respond well. During his physiotherapy session he had mentioned about he is big fan of Farhan Akthar & very much inspired by his movie Bhag Milkha Bhag "
Dr. Mehul Kalwadia added, During Farhan shooting schedule in Vashi, Navi Mumbai Sterling Wockhardt Hospital approached him to meet the patient as it would help him recover faster and fulfill his dream of meeting his favorite actor. Farhan Akthar is the most humble personality I have ever met, as soon as we told him about our patient he was ready to meet him without any hesitation. When Farhan met him, the patient was really amazed and happy and even greeted the star by shaking hands. It really made his day and brought a smile to his face.
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018