Maxillofacial surgery is the specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, anomalies, defects and injuries of the craniomaxillofacial complex ( skull, head, neck, face, jaws and overlying musculature and skin). The domain of Maxillofacial surgery is huge and covers many procedures.
- Cosmetic surgery: Facelift, brow lift, otoplasty, blepharoplasty, rhytidectomy, chin augmentation, cheek augmemtation, BOTOX, chemical peel,etc.
- Surgery for injury/ trauma/ fractures ( nasal bone, jaw bone, Le Fort fractures, NOE Complex, FNOE complex
- Surgery for Cleft lip / cleft palate/ craniofacial clefts
- Facial Reconstructive surgery for surgical/traumatic defects in the maxillofacial region.
- Corrective jaw surgery/ orthognathic surgery
- Surgery for benign pathology ( cysts, tumours)
- Surgery for head and neck cancer
- Surgery for salivary gland disorders (calculus, infection,etc.)
- Maxillofacial space infection/abscars treated by incision and drainage
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Surgical tooth extraction, third molar surgery
- Dentoalveolar Surgery, dental splinting
- Dental implants, ridge split, ridge augmentation, sinus lift surgery
- Preprosthetic surgery
- Scar revision