An unidentified person entered a Nalasopara-based restaurant-cum-bar and shot at a 26-year-old Dilip Verma in broad daylight on 7th May 2017. Varma was shot at from close range but the bullet missed his vital organs. Dilip Verma was brought to Wockhardt hospital, Mira Road in a critical condition. His right side of chest was completely filled with blood following the bullet injury. The bullet made a 3-mm wound in Verma’s chest, passed through his right lung and left a 1-cm exit wound. It grazed a major blood vessel, which could have killed Verma had it been damaged further.
Dr. Manish Garg Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon -Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road did an emergency VATS, a video guided key hole surgery rather than a conventional big incision. The damaged lung was successfully repaired and the bleeding controlled expedited. He was fortunate that the bullet has missed the major blood vessels of his heart by a whisker. Mr Verma was discharged after 5 days in a stable condition. and he resume duty exactly one month after ie..7th June 2017.
Big congratulations to Dr. Manish Garg, Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon & Team from Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road.
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018