An unidentified person entered a Nalasopara-based restaurant-cum-bar and shot at a 26-year-old Dilip Verma in broad daylight on 7th May 2017. Varma was shot at from close range but the bullet missed his vital organs. Dilip Verma was brought to Wockhardt hospital, Mira Road in a critical condition. His right side of chest was completely filled with blood following the bullet injury. The bullet made a 3-mm wound in Verma’s chest, passed through his right lung and left a 1-cm exit wound. It grazed a major blood vessel, which could have killed Verma had it been damaged further.
Dr. Manish Garg Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon -Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road did an emergency VATS, a video guided key hole surgery rather than a conventional big incision. The damaged lung was successfully repaired and the bleeding controlled expedited. He was fortunate that the bullet has missed the major blood vessels of his heart by a whisker. Mr Verma was discharged after 5 days in a stable condition. and he resume duty exactly one month after ie..7th June 2017.
Big congratulations to Dr. Manish Garg, Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon & Team from Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road.
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019