Organ donation is a vital issue which requires an immediate attention, owing to which, State government has initiated a massive organ donation campaign to create awareness regarding organ donation amongst people. Now, the awareness about organ donation seems to be increasing, as a lot of people are coming forward to donate organs of their deceased family members. Wockhardt Hospital always promoting this Nobel cause among doctors & patients where they conduct seminars for awareness of organ donation.
Koroth Gopalan (78), a Vasai resident met with an accident, while he went for a morning walk. His hand got fractured and after accident, he lost control over his body. On September 12, he was admitted in Wockhardt Hospital, where after conducting the advanced medical tests, he was declared brain-dead by the doctors. On September 14, his family decided to donate his organs. While Goplan was alive he was keen to donate his body after his death as he is having organ Donor Card said by his daughter Sohini Koroth.
Donated : Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Nephrologists & Transplant surgeon and his Team from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road has conducted Kidney transplant process on 15th September on patient from Malad. Liver transplant surgeon Dr. Anurag Shrimal & his team conducted liver transplant process on patient from Khetwadi, Mumbai.
Source –Sakal, Loksatta, Maharastra Times.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018