Organ donation is a vital issue which requires an immediate attention, owing to which, State government has initiated a massive organ donation campaign to create awareness regarding organ donation amongst people. Now, the awareness about organ donation seems to be increasing, as a lot of people are coming forward to donate organs of their deceased family members. Wockhardt Hospital always promoting this Nobel cause among doctors & patients where they conduct seminars for awareness of organ donation.
Koroth Gopalan (78), a Vasai resident met with an accident, while he went for a morning walk. His hand got fractured and after accident, he lost control over his body. On September 12, he was admitted in Wockhardt Hospital, where after conducting the advanced medical tests, he was declared brain-dead by the doctors. On September 14, his family decided to donate his organs. While Goplan was alive he was keen to donate his body after his death as he is having organ Donor Card said by his daughter Sohini Koroth.
Donated : Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Nephrologists & Transplant surgeon and his Team from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road has conducted Kidney transplant process on 15th September on patient from Malad. Liver transplant surgeon Dr. Anurag Shrimal & his team conducted liver transplant process on patient from Khetwadi, Mumbai.
Source –Sakal, Loksatta, Maharastra Times.
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018
- Expert says potholes lead to physical and mental stress in people during monsoons04 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai sees six dengue cases after first spell of monsoon04 Jul, 2018
- Lupus – The Disease That Can Present Just With Joint Pains Initially04 Jul, 2018
- Do you have a 'Numb Thumb'?04 Jul, 2018
- Push ‘Code White’ for seizures and strokes03 Jul, 2018